Saturday, June 28, 2008

Flip Phones: Cost Considerations and Buying Decisions

Once, I decided on buying a flip phone, my options were really restricted. On going through different sites and reviews about clamshell models, I was even more confused about what really to buy. A few days of researching convinced me that Sony's Walkman series were really worth looking into. The Walkman series are typically signified with great music quality, which also means great audio quality when on calls. Also a good battery backup for long talktime as well as long music time.

I settled for buying the Sony Ericsson w300i as it looked really cool, and was pretty economical. I didn't really bother about the camera specifications which said that it was a 0.3 Mp VGA camera as my first priority was a mobile with MP3 and FM Radio. Moreover, I already had a 7 Mp Digital Camera.

I visited three stores and was replied with the same response: "It is out of stock and the company has discontinued the model."
Hmmm... Time for Plan B! I asked them what they recommended as a flip model in the Sony Walkman series. Two stores suggested that I have a look at Sony Walkman w380i. The third didn't have a Walkman flip phone.

No comments: